ASTRA Consultation on provisions to restrict gambling advertising in live sport
ASTRA is conducting a review of the provisions relating to gambling advertising and the promotion of odds in live sport in the Subscription Television Broadcasting and Narrowcasting Codes of Practice, and invited comments from members of the public regarding the proposed changes in December 2017.
ASTRA was not seeking comments on any other part of the Code.
Submissions were received as follows:
- Responsible Wagering Australia
- The Coalition of Major Professional and Participation Sports
- Financial Counselling Australia
- Minister for Consumer Affairs, Gamling and Liquor Regulation (Victoria)
- Victorian Inter-Church Gambling Taskforce and Alliance for Gambling Reform
- Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation